Saturday, April 10, 2010

Strange Dreams

Since being pregnant, I have found myself waking up in the middle of the night just drenched in sweat, I have also woken up thinking, WOW!  That was a crazy dream.....

So,  this dream.  Colin and I were on our way to our first appointment with Dr. Zweig, and for some reason when we got taken into the exam room, there was a full size bed that the Dr. and the nurse were  putting sheets on.  They were very pretty sheets, I would say 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton...and I thought to myself, ...how luxurious.  Then the Dr. smelled the sheets, and gave the nurse a look of disgust, as though the sheets were dirty.  Now we all know how dreams go...all of a sudden I had the urge to use the restroom, and Colin walked with me to the closest restaurant with a restroom.  This is where things get weird...  The toilets were in the middle of the restaurant, no walls.  Just free standing toilets, with a curtain hanging from the ceiling that circled around the toilet.  Nobody could see you doing your business, but everybody knew you were in there doing it, separated by a thin piece of fabric hanging from the ceiling. I am pregnant, and I had to pee, so to hell with it!  I peed!  When I was done with my business I decided to peek my head from the curtain to greet all of the patrons of the restaurant.  All of a sudden, I was sitting in a parking lot waiting on Creeds baseball tournament to be over, and stressing out that we left Dr. Zweigs office to use the restroom and now 5 hours later we are at a tournament.  THIS DR. IS GOING TO BE PISSED!!!!!!  


The 7:30 alarm rang for about 5 minutes until I finally asked Colin if he was going to get out of bed.   I went straight to the restroom and realized that my shirt was completely soaked around the collar with sweat.    Glad I didn't pee the bed.

1 comment:

Amy, queen of the world. said...

Oh my gosh! During my pregnancies I used to have public restroom dreams ALL THE TIME. But none involved Dr. Zweig. lol... oh, and being late to appointments because of things I couldn't control.

I used Dr. Zweig for a little while with my pregnancy with Dylan. Nice enough guy, I guess. Then he said some really insensitive, bonehead things when we found out Dylan's diagnosis, (think along the lines of him saying he was sorry that my baby wasn't going to be perfect and asked if I would have aborted him if I found out earlier)... and he tried to convince me to let him deliver Dylan here in Lawton and have him shipped to OKC for his surgery right after his birth. You know, with me in the hospital in Lawton recovering from a c-section. Uh, yeah, no. So needless to say, I switched doctors. To Dr. Lennon, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her. And I had my baby in OKC. And the rest is history! :) I am 10394820394823098% praying that your experience is better, which I'm sure it will be. Most people don't have complaints against him, but most people have uneventful, typical pregnancies, too.